Thursday, May 7, 2009

Elbow Room...?


Elbow Room...?
Originally uploaded by mylla7777

“A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.”

>>
<<
>>

They (the unspecified corner of the internet) didn't tell me whose quote that is.

This morning, I was looking through my recent pictures--and found that there were none that were acceptable to post! (Grady doesn't appreciate pictures of him scattered across cyberland, and he is my favorite available subject--I love taking pictures of people.)

So. This here you see (picture taken just an hour ago, finally uploaded) is my newest dwelling place--the basement. It looks pretty empty--sheetrock walls, virtually no ceiling--well, let's just say the ceiling is the floor of the 1st level. Old carpet on top of an even older carpet on top of cement. But even with all that empty space--the place is brilliant, but for no doors. >.< People just walk down on me at all hours of the day...and night.

Anyway! The little guy you see at the corner of my bed under the lamp is Bud Dog! :woot: -ahem- Yes, the t-shirt he's wearing (painted on t-shirt, not real) says "Bud Light," which is, admittedly--well, we'll just ignore that. But we've had him forever (my dad got it from his company a loooong time ago). He is not just unusually white--he lights up. ^_^ Makes for good company.

Anyway. Last night, once again, I was booted off the computer at 10 o'clock. And...I'm not used to that--usually I'm up for a few more hours at least, so I was sitting down there with virtually nothing to do. It was weird. O.o

:6: And extremely tempting to go snatch my computer from upstairs--and would have been easily accomplished, but I resisted. :P Instead, for the first hour aloneness, I sat and just...thought (imagine that!). Tried to sort out some emotions (quite unsuccessfully) and narrow down /exactly/ what I was feeling...(also unsuccessfully). The second hour I completely used (per usual) to study The Word. ^--Hoapsdf

Mrak! There's an ant in my keyboard! -wince- I hope I don't squish it in there... That would be icky to try to clean out.

--as I was saying, ^_^ I'm reading Hosea.

Yeah, so...I've been antsy all day (no pun intended), and slightly squeamish. I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe it's just spring fever...or stress of trying to get school done. >.< Or both. Or something else entirely, which I may pin it down to...Rawr. It's making me shaky.

So. Just the several minutes ago, I had to drive Grady to work (we actually had to leave at 10:00). Since he had to do the dishes, we didn't get out of the driveway until 10:26. Now understand this--usually it takes 15 minutes to get to his work place. He had to be at work at 10:30. The least amount of time it takes us to get there is 12 minutes. Well, I know I didn't speed at all, but maybe I hit all the green lights? 0o;; I got there at 10:34...a whopping eight minutes.

Yeah. So we'll see how the day goes. I think I may need to break from DKP, but seriously...I don't think I will. I'm just...-rubs forehead- Confused, maybe.

Haha, confused. I bet this is a confusing post. And extremely long. << I'm sorry!

-MYLS THE MASKED AVENGER!!!

5 comments:

  1. Okay--Just another note-- XD

    All those things you see or may not see on my dresser. I've got a dictionary, a thesaurus,...three Bibles, a few novels. A Sony cd player/radio that does not play cds. << A SUPER SWEET GUY ON A HORSE!! from Vietnam, a scrapbook from Vietnam, an extremely annoying alarm clock (but it works, yay!), a water bottle, a painting of a tigre--XD Mad skillz on my part there--I really like the painting, but it's kind of cheating. A little box full of surprises (and monies from at least a dozen countries)...hm, and I think that's it. :P There's a violin in the corner of the room (in its case)...a backpack...yup, and a lot of electrical cording. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may take a break from DKP as well...probably should at least. If you do, expect to get messages on facebook every so often. ;)

    *really should take break from dkp- she's addicted*

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* Hope you get your emotions sorted out. We'll miss you if you decide to take a break, but we won't begrudge you a chance to sort "RL" out.

    I like how the lighting of your bedroom turned out! Looks so soft and comfortable (despite the ceiling beams). ((Random fact - my mom actually had the basement bedroom when she was a teenager. She's told me that she could see the piping in her ceiling. Her dad was supposed to finish the ceiling for her before they moved in, but he never did. <_< ))

    Anyways, have a good day Myls!

    Hood

    ReplyDelete
  4. :P Well, I don't know about completely laying off the DKP, but 4+ hours a night can't be that healthy. ((I think I actually hit O.o eight hours yesterday...wow.)):oops: I'd only be breaking a bit from this week--ugly finals. >> Have quite a bit of work to catch up on.

    B) I'm finding basement living pretty cool, honestly. :oops: I can do plenty in the middle of the night without disturbing my sister--or anybody, for that matter--we have an entire level between us!

    :) Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Eight hours! I think my max has been ten continuous hours on the computer... And that was due to a SIM addiction (don't ask). Having siblings and parents that kick you off does have its advantages, I s'pose. :6:

    I'm glad that you're enjoying basement living thus far. Hopefully that extra "elbow room" will provide a bit of a break from the rest of the world. :)

    Alright, Hood signing out again!

    ReplyDelete