Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4

Airport Museum by mylla7777
Airport Museum, a photo by mylla7777 on Flickr.
Today was my day off! And what a fun day off this has been. My entire family went out to my father's hangar this morning. My brother, sister, and I walked over to the hangar where they have set up a newish museum with some WWII artifacts. It isn't a very large museum, but it's still very neat! We were able to just wander in there. There were men working on old planes and cars and other machinery about, but it felt very casual, like we had just walked into somebody's shed with an open invitation. A fellow there struck up a conversation with us and told us about some of the vehicles he and his buddies were restoring. Although the handful of pictures I took were simply snapshots (can't really do much else when your subject's in a glass case), I had a lot of fun looking around.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm jealous.;P The museum sounds awesome and the picture is way cool. Is that a Canadian fighting jet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The museum is way cool! A lot of the buildings at the airport are from the WWII era (remodeled, some perhaps, but still--really neat). I can't remember off the top of my head what kind of plane that is. It sure looks Canadian, but I'm not sure that it has a jet engine. I'll get back to you on that. ;)

    ReplyDelete