Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 18

Minolta 7000 by mylla7777
Minolta 7000, a photo by mylla7777 on Flickr.

SO. The answer to my predicament proves to be electrical tape. It's actually very neat stuff--clings to the camera without wrinkling around the corners. It works SPLENDID. Until my battery runs out. Two weeks, give or take.

This is a picture of the film camera (Minolta 7000 ca. 1985) my grandpa is borrowing to me. Looking through the viewfinder on this baby is stunning--we'll see how the pictures develop. It has auto-focus, which is a definite help. I love it soooo much! But I don't know how to use it to the extent of its capabilities yet. Again, I have to see if the film turns out to see if I'm using it correctly. The only thing automatic on this camera as far as I know is the focus. Haha. Good thing I usually shoot in manual on my Nikon, so I know a bit about those sort of functions.

1 comment:

  1. Yay electrical tape! That stuff really is a lifesaver. I'm so glad you're back to photography--my blog list has been very lonely without your lovely posts.

    I love how cameras themselves manage to look so artistic. Really love the colors on the lens there in the center. Nice background choice, too!

    ReplyDelete